not so funny

ctybrddg

Training can be fun and frustrating. I get closer to understanding my dog LaLa day by day. LaLa is a vizsla/ Wiem mix. She looks like a solid liver short hair. She works close but I have never shot a 12ga over her just blanks. I had a dream in which I was hunting her and she stops in her tracks and turns to me and says. Stop handling me and let me work. I chuckle and we move on to hunt. All along the way I'm giving her hand signals taking her to every corner of the property and she stops again and says, stop handling me and let me work. This time she adds, you have enough to worry about. I give a hearty laugh and minutes later she slams onto point. I want to be funny so all the way up to flush I yell whoa whoa whoa continuously and laugh. Then I say work that, smarty. Next thing I know the pheasant flushes and crack my gun goes off. the cackle can still be heard I shot nearly a foot behind. Then I woke up.
I hope this is not a sign of things to come for our first season.

Oh funny dreams, I have funny dreams of hunting with my pup all the time. They aren't funny we he's flushing birds wild in them though.

I dream of the birds I will shoot in the future............over a preserve guide dog.
I don't think I'm ready to shot and handle. I'm probably more bird crazy than the pup.

Darn, I must be getting old I don't have those dreams anymore. When I did dream it was about past hunts........Bob

Back