Not my day.

BrownDogsCan2

Shot terrible. Dozen shells. 2 for 4 Crippled them both. 2nd one ended up pulling a Houdini. Wish I had brought a shovel. Not 100percent sure but I tend to believe her.

Attachments

• 82E4EDFD-5A63-42BB-9804-F86B9FBE91C7.jpeg
    82E4EDFD-5A63-42BB-9804-F86B9FBE91C7.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 36
I bet anything that’s where he went , had the same thing happen several years ago in a weedy wheat feild , my friends wire hair started digging and barking , my French Brittany went in and came out with tail feathers , I sent my smallest britt in and she came out with a very lively rooster .

Hope your the last week of season goes well

We feel your pain; any experienced hunter has had more than one day like yours...like my son says, some days you're the hammer, some days the nail. Best to forget all about it and anticipate your next outing.

I had one of those earlier this year. Walked all day and blew the one chance I had. Hit him but not hard. never found him and the only place the dog was remotely birdy was at a hole. It was deeper than what my arm could reach so I gave up on it.

You win some. Lose some. Shake it off and get back after them... you still have a little time! This big storm coming might produce some opportunities for you to “get even”.

I bet anything that’s where he went , had the same thing happen several years ago in a weedy wheat feild , my friends wire hair started digging and barking , my French Brittany went in and came out with tail feathers , I sent my smallest britt in and she came out with a very lively rooster .

Hope your the last week of season goes well
Thanks , yours too

Glad I’m not the only one that’s had a day like that. We’ve all been there.

When I was a kid we knocked a few quail down on a covey rise. Our shorthair cross that was the best dog for downed birds I've ever been around starts digging in a packrats nest. Dads dragging him back by his collar, yelling at him for chasing pack rats. Dog runs back to it, starts digging, ignoring the lecture being given him, and a few minutes later comes up with the live quail.

Your weekend was about like ours. The only two we knocked down we couldn't find. We missed two other killable flushes. One more hunt...

Back