Not Bad for 5-Months

koja48

5' from a wild Rooster; held the bird 3-4 minutes until the old guy scrambled-up the steep slope, took a couple photos, then flushed the bird. Wasn't hunting (this is a pristine area I got access to . . . can't hunt it, but can train there & it's full of Pheasants, Quail & Huns. The fun is in watching the pup work, anyway.). Hank is going to be a great dog . . . handles well, considering his age and he knows what it's all about. Saturday hunting was a big zero, bird wise so I opted to do this on Sunday. Next season at points east ought to be a blast!

Hank1stPointWildRooster-5Feet.jpg

Last edited:
Great pic thanks for showing it with us. Beast of luck to you this season.:thumbsup::cheers:

Thanks, jmac . . . typo in the title that I can't edit . . . should be SEVEN months, but it's still all good. My first versatile, pointing dog (had Labs my whole life & needed a change after losing my last & in my opinion, finest Lab far too early). I believe I picked a winner!

Hank would be a Braque du Bourbonnaise out of Elkrun Kennels (Gus x Vinnie . . . great dogs, superb bloodlines). Good eye!

Nice looking pup. I have a new pup this year as well. He is a month old setter. They sure are a lot of fun.

What a good dog!

That's sweet.

I had both my dogs out a couple of weeks ago to do a little work and dummy me didn't bring anything with me but the two dogs. One a pup and the other my Vizsla.

We were cruisng through a field and I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to the vizsla because I was trying to work more with the new dog and I lost track of the old guy.

No biggie. He's a well behaved dog and comes when called. Got the other dog int he truck and went back and could not for the life of me find my vizsla. I called blew the whistle you name it. I searched for 45 minutes and was beside myself.

Not 25 feet from where I was a quail busted from some cattails and out popped my dog. He had been pointing that little bastard for close to an hour!

That's sweet.

I had both my dogs out a couple of weeks ago to do a little work and dummy me didn't bring anything with me but the two dogs. One a pup and the other my Vizsla.

We were cruisng through a field and I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to the vizsla because I was trying to work more with the new dog and I lost track of the old guy.

No biggie. He's a well behaved dog and comes when called. Got the other dog int he truck and went back and could not for the life of me find my vizsla. I called blew the whistle you name it. I searched for 45 minutes and was beside myself.

Not 25 feet from where I was a quail busted from some cattails and out popped my dog. He had been pointing that little bastard for close to an hour!

LOL, sleeping at the wheel?, doubting your bird dog? or brain fart they say for short.:D:cheers:

Back