North eastern kansas

north west Missouri

Well the missouri upland bird forecast is out and pheasants are up in NW MO that leads me to think that NE Kansas pheasants could be up but we won't know till next week hopefully when Kansas upland bird forecast is out. If you want to see what it says about Missouri go to Pheasants Forever website.:D

I wouldn't be smiling too big about that forecast. Up slightly from last year in NW MO isn't much because NW MO and NE KS had very little to begin with. I couldn't find any "official" forecast on the MO conservation page.

I wouldn't be smiling too big about that forecast. Up slightly from last year in NW MO isn't much because NW MO and NE KS had very little to begin with. I couldn't find any "official" forecast on the MO conservation page.

You know what Jethro say's " naught plus naught equals naught". So what is slightly up from naught?:)

I wouldnt goo to the missouri conservation web site to me it's the worst website to try to find stuff on. Go to Pheasant forever website you'll find it there. It has all the state's forecast for this year but some like Kansas aren't on there yet.

Well the missouri upland bird forecast is out and pheasants are up in NW MO that leads me to think that NE Kansas pheasants could be up but we won't know till next week hopefully when Kansas upland bird forecast is out. If you want to see what it says about Missouri go to Pheasants Forever website.:D

ive been thinking just staying in the ne ks area and nw corner of mo this year theres no need of going that far west and wasting gas when you can do probably just as good couple hours from home. Maybe a trip or to with my friend gove to see what kind of gar holes hes got for me this year :D

ive been thinking just staying in the ne ks area and nw corner of mo this year theres no need of going that far west and wasting gas when you can do probably just as good couple hours from home. Maybe a trip or to with my friend gove to see what kind of gar holes hes got for me this year :D

Lol i live in KC MO but do most hunting in KS since i have a lifetime licence plus i dont have a place to hunt in NW MO i was just giving out info. Hopefully NE KS will have pockets of birds but only time and walking will tell.

The pheasant numbers may be up, but look at the data.....
Last year 6,400 hunters harvested approx 20,000 birds.
That's roughly 4 birds per hunter / per season.

That's a lot of damn walking for 4 birds all season.

See my other post in the Nebraska thread and you'll get a better idea of what all of us are up against this year.....

bird numbers

as more and post come to light, i see a bunch of hunters getting wet feet, like they are already making excuses and will be staying home and letting the dogs have the couch. we have some time to go yet, with or with out our beloved forecast that may or not be coming what ever color they make it, but i'm betting more on the upside rather than the downside, someplace in kansas i will find birds of one type or the other and one is good as the other, i have asked the dogs repeatedly which they prefer and they keep shaking their heads that they don't give a damn. rained all day here and i have a new gun i want to play with

cheers

as more and post come to light, i see a bunch of hunters getting wet feet, like they are already making excuses and will be staying home and letting the dogs have the couch. we have some time to go yet, with or with out our beloved forecast that may or not be coming what ever color they make it, but i'm betting more on the upside rather than the downside, someplace in kansas i will find birds of one type or the other and one is good as the other, i have asked the dogs repeatedly which they prefer and they keep shaking their heads that they don't give a damn. rained all day here and i have a new gun i want to play with

cheers

Someone call Guinness! I think that is the longest continual sentence I've ever read!! ;)

Lol i live in KC MO but do most hunting in KS since i have a lifetime licence plus i dont have a place to hunt in NW MO i was just giving out info. Hopefully NE KS will have pockets of birds but only time and walking will tell.

you have a place to hunt in nw mo as well as me bilby and im going to kill a pheasant there if its the last thing I do lol (I hope)

Back