NO

I hunted the SW corner of the state Saturday for a few hours before I headed over to Brookings to watch a Football game Saturday afternoon. I too was disappointed in the 3 hours I was able to hunt. Cattails were too wet to walk through, and I'm somebody that often pushes the boundaries and goes through them. Dog flushed about 8 hens that were in range, but no roosters. Saw a few roosters that flushed wild a ways out, and that was about it. Lots of tracks in the snow, so they may have just been running ahead of us the entire time.

I'm hoping by Saturday there will be enough ice in the cattails to hunt without getting wet. But I could be wrong. If areas don't have any snow they should freeze up solid enough.

Went out Saturday to SW MN, we shot 6 and should have been 8 but not much you can do about that. We did not see a whole lot of birds. Once things freeze up it should make for some better hunting. There are birds around they have just gotten smart to the normal spots and have moved into the stuff that is nearly impossible to walk or just to damn wet to walk.

Back