No help in my time of need

A buddy and mine were hunting in western Minnesota a couple years ago, and there was 2-3 feet of snow on the ground. There were a couple drifts that were about as tall as my buddy. I was dead tired by the time I got to the truck, and looked back and my fat little buddy was standing in the middle of the snowdrift, both arms in the air holding his shotgun, and yelling for me to come back and help him get out of the snowdrift. Needless to say, I said screw that, I'm not going to walk back out in that again. I'll always remember his arms in the air with the shotgun, yelling at me to come help. He wiggled out eventually.....:):cheers:

wow.. what a heated battle! i think captain is thinking he wished he didnt post such thread. embarassment to himself PLUS all the accusations flying around.. PLUS the what ifs is flying around about a dog pissing on your head... (which might help if youre growing bald, if youre not bald.. never mind.)

sure i have. just dont go where theres 1-2 foot of water sitting under a sheet of ice. im sure my gun range can reach any birds fly out where water is sitting.

I do NOT ice fish, hunt ducks or geese. just pheasants and deer hunting is all i do. but i dont get alot of geese or ducks in my area so I didnt make a habit of hunting that. if i had grew up all my life in Pierre, SD, im sure i would be duck and geese hunting.

i need another beer. my other one taste flat.

That makes sense let the dog die or let the pheasant on the ice. I think it makes more sense to protect the dog he's dead if he goes through in the middle of the slough. If you walk at the edge of the cattails where the waters only 1-2 feet the birds most of the time fly back to the land where its save for everyone to retrieve it. I guess if you don't care for the dog or pheasant do it that way. Drink faster beer won't go flat:)

That makes sense let the dog die or let the pheasant on the ice. I think it makes more sense to protect the dog he's dead if he goes through in the middle of the slough. If you walk at the edge of the cattails where the waters only 1-2 feet the birds most of the time fly back to the land where its save for everyone to retrieve it. I guess if you don't care for the dog or pheasant do it that way. Drink faster beer won't go flat:)

all the reason why i would teach WHOA.. i wont let my dog go in somewhere i wont go. one bird gets away home free is another bird dead in a better area for me and my dog.

mind you, my dog is still alive, im dry and not complaining about falling through ice.

i threw away the 12 pack of beer i had and went out and bought a fresh pack.

I'm laughing about falling through the ice not complaining. Always just got a shoe wet, but this time lost my balance fell onto the ice breaking it. Good reminder to be careful. People got a laugh out of it too. A Nun told me once the world would be better if people would try to make people laugh and smile rather then mad and frown:)

Glad to hear you took care of that flat beer:thumbsup:

Back