Newbie...

Birddog

Hi all,

Not much to contribute at this point, I moved to KS 2 years ago, so this will be my second season. I have only hunted walk-in, and only went twice last year. I have a 7 year old Brit, named Emma.

Always open to meet folks and hunt, but am alright hitting the walk-in with just my dog.

Hope to head to NC KS, won't be able to get out until after the opener...anyone that gets out for youth, make sure to post some pics!!

Thanks.

Jared

Welcome Jared

Welcome to the forum and to Kansas. That's a very eager, gunny looking Brit you've got there. Got one of those myself. According to the KDWP, bird numbers are up, particularly in NW Kansas. Sounds like you hunt alone like I often do, especially after November. In NW Kansas Waconda Lake/Glen Elder Reservoir (same body of water) has vast habitat areas. Hunting the weedy, brushy edges above the inlet bottoms is usually good for a single hunter. Also, the birds will loaf and roost in the heavy wild stuff on the inlet bottoms. For a lone hunter, the food plots are rather difficult to work -- too easy for the birds to escape from. Have a great season and share your stories with us.

Thanks BritChaser!

Appreciate the information. I had to trade my Xterra in, couldn't afford to pay for the gas. Main reason I didn't get out more. Now I am rolling in a Corolla, so I might make it out that far. Spent alot more time near Marysville KS, though.

Emma is a really good dog, she has always been on the hunt. Doesn't worry about or have interest in anything other than hunting or going for walks. Good times...Thanks for the welcome...

Jared-

Welcome to the forum. I make a good number of runs from Dodge to North KC to see my sons and their families and I will be on the look out for a Corolla with nose prints on the glass.:)

Have a great season.

Jared, only 2 times last year? You gotta be itching to get out! I'd be going stir crazy if it was me and had a 7yr old Brit like you. Thanks for joining the forum board. - Ryan

Back