Deacon

Glad to be here.

I grew up a waterfowl hunter and hunted pheasants as a kid in the late 70's and 80's but did not have the opportunties available today. I abosolutely love to watch ducks fly and decoy into a spread.

I remember my first trip to SD in about 1980, never saw so many birds and most so many shots at one time.

I change from a dedicated waterfowl to a passionate pheasant hunter, after I introduced my son to a hunting waterfowl and pheasants. During this 3rd year I asked him "what to do like more duck hunting or pheasant?" he said "pheasants" I asked "why" he said "easier" I said "what do you mean?" he said "do not need to get up early and do not need to set up and put away decoys" Ever since that day pheasant hunting has been #1.

I have always had a dog all but one lab. Best dog was a mix. Current pup is 1.5 years and has me really excited for her energy and desire to hunt.

Good luck to all and if I can ever be of help just ask, I have hunted just about all of ND and MN. Have hunted IA a few times and SD about 10 times

Dave
Fergus Falls, MN

Welcome to the UPH, It is very nice to have you here. I love where you live I always thought it was a very nice town.......Bob

Hay Jim, you lose again!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dang it...I have to chase down kids skipping school and the 'bobster' slips in on me...

Welcome Deacon...I can only hope for our sake that the your name has nothing to do with church or some of us are in trouble...:D...enjoy the site.

Hey all you folks that are here as guests to check out the post, join and add to the discussion. Right now I see 27 online and only 5 members (membership is free).

Good luck and be safe
Dave

Back