Newbie from West Central MN

Hello everyone my name is Todd. New to this site, and only have been hunting Pheasants for the last 4-5 years. I have a 4yr old choc. lab "Wini" who love's hunting. I am 45 min north of Alexandria and outside the rare occasion the wife or in-laws will join, I hunt alone, not by choice. Would be willing to add an extra gun and dog to any group.

Thanks Again for the addition here!

Todd

Going to be hunting 26-28th in Milbank area. Will be alone with good pointing French spaniel. Let me know if you want to meet up. 55 year old retired teacher.

Going to be hunting 26-28th in Milbank area. Will be alone with good pointing French spaniel. Let me know if you want to meet up. 55 year old retired teacher.

Mgorv, are you hunting SD or MN. I think Wini is in Minnesota.

BTW, I see you have one of Paul's French Spaniels. I hunted with Paul by Miller a few years ago and nearly bought one of his pups.

I'm in Watertown so if you are looking for someone to hunt with in the Milbank area shoot me a PM. I have a 4 year old Brittany.

Dec after Christmas hunt

Plan to hunt that eastern corridor from altamont up to milbank if weather cooperates and dog stays out of the road. It wasn't a problem until I ditch hunted her around miller. Now she knows what a road is. Really got to keep her close now. Live in the country but still traffic a plenty.

Milbank

I was thinking about staying at the lantern motel in milbank. Seemed like a good family owned dog friendly place for around 50 bucks. I hunted public and shot a few birds, but really had to work for them. Mostly like to get the dog out there one more time because she pointed a lot of hens last time and just good practice. I would go farther west but I don't have time. Have to be back in Mankato for wedding on the 29th. I use the sd hunting atlas to find some spots. Hunted around altamont and birds were scarce but great cover and scenery. I'd like to work some cattails. Won't go if 20 below or 4 ft of snow, but otherwise I'll give it try for a few days.

sounds good

sounds good. we can watch the weather and hope for the best. dog really wants to go so I hope it works out.

Back