Newbie, but not newbie.

Bigperk66

Wanted to post an introduction. My name is Michael Perkins, and am hoping to learn a lot from you bird hunting experts.

A little about me. I'm 58 and retiring from the Air Force (I know, don't say it.....). I had a break in service thanks to the Clinton Administration (won't get political, I don't promise). I've spent a total of 36 years of my life in uniform, now I get to go do what I love....hunt and fish! I currently reside in Texas thanks to the Air Force, and more than likely will retire in the panhandle of Florida thanks to a wife who loves wearing flip flops. It's all good though, as we have an agreement....if I cannot live in my home state of Montana, I will go back every year and hunt, so loosen the purse strings!

This is where the "not a newbie" comes in. I was blessed enough to grow up in God's country, and miss it so! I will be going back every year to hunt deer and upland game. I would love to hunt Elk, but am retiring as an enlisted member, not an officer. I have a beautiful wife who loves me enough to put up with a lot of crap from this old country boy, so I'm keeping her. I've taken her to Montana, and she loves it....just doesn't want to live there.

I have two grown son's and two grand kids, and am incredibly blessed to call Jesus my savior!

This is me in a nut shell. Hope to make some friends on here that I can meet up with and make some memories while i'm still physically able to.

Thanks for listening.

Michael Perkins, aka, Bigperk

Attachments

• Perkins_Pic.jpg
    Perkins_Pic.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have your poop in a group and are made up of some solid values. Good to have you here. Here is a tip: It took me a bit to realize that pheasant hunting varies a lot depending on the where you are. I have deep cover almost every where I hunt...the I read about guys who never lose a bird and am ready to call BS until I saw some videos....they could throw a football into the cover they hunt and see it laying there....I would have trouble finding a lawn mower in our cover here. Everyone has different experiences doing the same activity, so try remember that. Lastly, if someone offends you or you find about everything they post irritating, hover over their name and there should be an option to "ignore". Can make for a better experience.

Back