New to this site, old hunter

Old Boots

Hi to everyone,

Just getting started on UPH and wanted to say hi. I have been reading posts from all of you for a while and enjoy all of the comments and advice.....

Starting this season with a new dog to me, Ms. Pepper, an English Pointer whom I acquired about two months ago. We are getting to know each other well and she has performed flawlessly on released pheasant twice! Our season opener is Nov 14 here in Colorado and I can't wait to get on some wild birds.

I will be posting some pictures later this month and look forward to keeping up with all of you!

Shoot straight and follow thru

Old Boots:cheers:

Welcome sir! Looking forward to your posts. Hunted CO a little some years ago - duskys in the mountains and pheasants in NE.

Looking forward to your pics. Welcome to the site.:)

Nick

Welcome.

I likes old hunters. :D

We can make up stories that took place before most of these guys were born.

:thumbsup:

Welcome Aboard!
Great site, glad you joined up. Looking forward to hearing about your hunting adventures and maybe some pictures.
So, what is considered to be "old boots"? I might fit that:cheers:
Cheers,
Wolf

If everyone just put their birth date in their profile we wouldn't have to wonder! :)

Just checked your profile (again) and it says you've been hunting since 1956! So you've darn near 60 seasons under your boots!! I'm going to pay closer attention to your posts. :p

Just checked your profile (again) and it says you've been hunting since 1956! So you've darn near 60 seasons under your boots!! I'm going to pay closer attention to your posts. :p

Actually this would be my 60th season in the field but I lost 3 seasons ('68, '69 & '70) while in the Army.

Please do pay closer attention to my posts. Let me know if you see any signs of "old timers disease"! :)

Thanks for the welcome. We both know you don't have to make it up.....after 45 years of doing it there seems to be lots of stories. I may try to recall a few on here.

Thanks again and a good season to you!

Hi Wolf and thanks for the welcome.. Old Boots would be 40+ years of doing it in the field....

Thanks again and a great season to you... Love NC

this will be my 55th year of chasing Long Tails so am definitely not senior here.... not a pup either. No matter if it's your first year or your 70th, the main thing is if it gets your blood pumping the same as the first time, that inevitable shock and awe of the first rooster of the season getting up under your feet (still blows my mind) and the companionship of family and friends, this is what keeps me coming back for more.

Back