New pigeon house

Miforester

My summer project was to build a pigeon house, after a couple of weeks of work it is finally done and my chicks are in hoping they will home in on my location. Should be able to start working with them in a couple of weeks. I have attached a few photos.

IMG_20150704_192257_113_zpsp2zi2obd.jpg

IMG_20150704_192356_158_zpspkcqvej6.jpg

IMG_20150705_142053_697_zpsimxvn8kq.jpg

IMG_20150705_173446_147_zps5he8iihk.jpg

Will be nice to get dogs back into field after our states quiet time.

Good and coon proof by the looks of it:thumbsup:

Nick

did you just eyeball that or have plans?

I have plans for it.

Thanks been working well and pigeons keep returning.......so far so good!

I have plans for it.

Thanks been working well and pigeons keep returning.......so far so good!

ok, cool, i've been looking at several plans on the intraweb, but haven't settled on any yet...I'd love to get a few quail for here in S. Louisiana, but i believe the exact quote from my wife was "I'm not taking care of another living creature" considering the two kids, two cats, and the dog, i really don't blame her, HAHA!

ok, cool, i've been looking at several plans on the intraweb, but haven't settled on any yet...I'd love to get a few quail for here in S. Louisiana, but i believe the exact quote from my wife was "I'm not taking care of another living creature" considering the two kids, two cats, and the dog, i really don't blame her, HAHA!

My plans are from a 1986 sports afield article you would like a copy let me know. I also have plans for a Johnny house for quail, haven't built that yet. Will I have one teenager, four hunting dogs (2 retired) and now 6 pigeons......my wife actually like watching the pigeons and is all in on them. The cost of the loft I built was between 250-300.

Looks real nice Tom. Should keep the birds happy and the critters at bay! Do you have closures or blocks for the returns? Have to think coon and snake there. Some guys also have trouble with sharpshins and coopers hawks as well.

Thanks Troy, yes I can lock the bobs down to keep critters out. So far I have not had any issue with critters not to many in my area other than porkies. Hadn't thought about snakes but I don't get to many in my yard. Have had only one close call with a hawk and have not seen it since the first time, probably just jinxed myself. Only have 6 birds and they are strong fliers and good homers.

Back