New pheasant shotgun??

I’ve had three Benellis and can’t shoot myself in a mirror. Beretta A400 and haven’t missed a bird yet.

I’ve had three Benellis and can’t shoot myself in a mirror. Beretta A400 and haven’t missed a bird yet.
If I was carrying an A400 I wouldn’t have ever missed one because I would have never gotten the safety off to be able to shoot at a bird. Beretta keeps building them with the safety in the wrong spot IMO. Just joking, sort of.

Browning seems to have transitioned away from a 20 gauge automatic.
Looked at their site, seems to be that way. In all honesty, I don't keep up.
Have bought two Browning 20 gauge automatics in The last 5 years, but they were Gold's.
I'm sure it's all about the 💰.

All this discussion reminded me of how much I like my Montefeltro. Decided to pull it off Gunbroker before I got a qualifying bid.
I would have regretted letting it go.

I carry 12s because generally they fit me better than 20s and I appreciate their weight. Most 20’s are too light for me. It’s truly a personal choice. My daughter’s boyfriend bought a 20 semi auto from me that never felt right and now he uses it exclusively for ducks. Everyone has different tastes. I don’t think you can go wrong with a 12 for pheasants but that is strictly my opinion.

After 40 years of carrying a 12 gauge, I switched to a 20 gauge and wish I would have done that years ago. But if you are considering a 12 gauge, you better give this gun a look https://fabarmusa.com/l4s-grey-hunter/ but honestly I don't know how you could ask for a better gun than a 20 gauge Montefeltro. Reliable, light, sleek, quick to point, easy to clean, affordable, and pleasing to look at. I walk 12 to 15 miles each time I go out pheasant hunting so I really appreciate the light weight 20.

Last edited:
I carry 12s because generally they fit me better than 20s and I appreciate their weight. Most 20’s are too light for me. It’s truly a personal choice. My daughter’s boyfriend bought a 20 semi auto from me that never felt right and now he uses it exclusively for ducks. Everyone has different tastes. I don’t think you can go wrong with a 12 for pheasants but that is strictly my opinion.
^^^^ I agree ^^^^

Back