New Pen

bruno1

In the process of running all are cables as we wait for our netting to be delivered. This flight pen is about 100'X80' for pheasants.

That is a sweet set-up for sure. You should have some strong fliers coming out of there.

Mine back in the day was 25x75. One thing I learned to use was any posts in or within the netting I used a Sledding saucer. One of those round saucers that kids an adults use to sled on in the snow, and placed it upside down on the posts so the net will not tear and rip in heavy wind or heavy snow. Worked great.. Good luck and have fun raising gamebirds!!:thumbsup:

That looks awesome Bruno!! How did you install the sides? Did you bury wire into the ground to a certain depth to prevent predators from digging in?:10sign:

That looks awesome Bruno!! How did you install the sides? Did you bury wire into the ground to a certain depth to prevent predators from digging in?:10sign:

Thanks. Yes we dug a foot and a half deep trench around the entire pen and put a 5' mesh wire in it.

I'll keep 250 birds in there. That gives them about 30 sq ft per bird. Birds are never stressed with that much space. Also this pen is producing really strong flyers, almost to good. These birds are used on our preserve. The few trips we ran this year everyone complimented how good they flew, even after they missed.

net purchase

Hey guys, we are considering building a pen similar to the one in this thread.. Where did you go to purchase the net? V/r SDviking

Bruno, hows this setup doing? I love the way you held up the net. I did the same with mine years ago, but just for a gable ridge style. My new one I will go this route. Mine is now 17 years old, and it is getting time to do some updates. I used wind screen off ebay from windscreensocal. 85% vision block, UV treated and has the grommets for fastening. Great stuff. Has held up well in some big time wind for 2 years now. And is priced great. Custom sizes available.

Bruno, hows this setup doing? I love the way you held up the net. I did the same with mine years ago, but just for a gable ridge style. My new one I will go this route. Mine is now 17 years old, and it is getting time to do some updates. I used wind screen off ebay from windscreensocal. 85% vision block, UV treated and has the grommets for fastening. Great stuff. Has held up well in some big time wind for 2 years now. And is priced great. Custom sizes available.

This setup is working great. We added the same wind blocker with grommets. When we did that we had to brace all the 6X6's because of how much wind the blocker catches. We actually cemented 6x6 braces and lag bolted them to the post holding up the net. When I'm finally not guiding I'll jump in there and take a pic of the braces

Back