New O/U

SDJIM

Went looking at guns today--"ya just looking" I told the salesmen at each stop.
Then at the local gun store and after looking at a bunch of O/U's a salesman walked over and asked what gauge I wanted. I told him "oh a 20 or a 28" and the SOB showed me a Franchi Renaissance in a 20/28 combo, darn just where I'm gonna find $1800. The wife kinda raised her eyebrow--I know I told her I just got a Benelli Vinci but I need a 20 gage and a 28 would be nice. Ya know kill two birds with one stone logic, not sure she bought it.

Can anyone tell me about this firearm?

I don't own one but have heard they are pretty good and trouble free. You know as much as possible. That price of $1800 is pretty darn cheap, I think they are higher now. I find a way to get that one, if it was me......Bob

Don't even get me started...just buy the darn thing and be done with it...:D

Did Franchi quit making the Renaissance? I don't see them on their web site or in the 2011 catalog.

I know but if you google Franchi Renaissance it will come up and it still looks like they make them.:confused:

SDJIM, is that Renaissance a Field, Classic or Elite? I was looking on GunBroker.com and the Classic is running $1,500-1,600 and that's not the combo. So I would think the 20/28 combo at $1,800 would be a good buy.

A man can't have too many guns, 'specially 20 & 28-gauge beauties!

Back