New Member, SW of Chicago

tooth

Hi everyone,
New to the site. Been hunting pheasants for a couple of years and just found this site a few weeks ago. Great to be able to share info with everyone here.

Getting out tomorrow morning, though some say we're crazy! High wind and snow but we've had it planned so we're going to give it a shot! Happy Hunting!

Hi everyone,
New to the site. Been hunting pheasants for a couple of years and just found this site a few weeks ago. Great to be able to share info with everyone here.

Getting out tomorrow morning, though some say we're crazy! High wind and snow but we've had it planned so we're going to give it a shot! Happy Hunting!

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you're dedicated. I have the same thing planned. I just hope the guy I planned to go with doesn't chicken out. He's got the only dog. :eek:

Welcome! Good luck on your hunt. Hope you rnjoy the site.:cheers:

Rod

Welcome to UPH, happy to have you here. Do you have a dog, if so what breed etc.? What is your favorite gun? Just getting to know you better is all. Welcome again..........Bob

Welcome to uph, sounds like your dedicated, that's good you will fit in here, just fine. Welcome again and happy hunting.:)

Weather sucked, hunting was great!

So we braved the cold and wind. Out of five guys, we brought down 2 roosters, but saw a crapload of hens. That just menas we'll have a place to hunt for years to come. Those birds were crazy! We walked into the wind, thinking there was no way they'd take off and fly into the wind, but they did! They'd catch that wind and fly off sideways, not directly into the wind but would be gone like missiles.

In response to bobbeyrite-I have a dog, but it's not a bird dog, she's a lazy mix, part lab but would rather sleep on the couch and doesn't like guns. However, we hunted w/ a guy who had a lab today. I only have 1 gun bought it last year as an all around utility gun since I will be hunting turkeys again next spring. Remington 870, 3.5" camo, helluva deal on those things still at Basspro.

Back