New member from Yuma, Colorado..

rghering

Hello folks. I'm Ryan from Yuma, CO.
I can tell you that its been hard pheasant hunting around here.
3 Weeks now my daughter and I have gone out and we have only flushed or seen about 15 birds. My dog isn't ready to hunt yet, so its just the 2 of us, been fun but frustrating. Very little of the CRP is tall enough around here to support large amounts of birds.

We must be doing something wrong after reading some of the success stories on the forums here from Yuma county.

But we go out every weekend since opening weekend.. Eventually we WILL get our birds.. its been awhile since I've hunted ( this = bad shot lol ). Wife just gave me permission to start again this year.

If anyone's coming this direction and wants a hunting partner let me know I'm always up for it.

BTW I am looking for a youth 20G for my daughter, shes getting whiny about not having her own shotgun lol.. If someones got one to sell or trade..

Happy hunting.. And if Nature calls!! CALL BACK!!

Welcome to UPH. 15 birds with no dog sounds pretty good to me. Keep at it, you and your daughter will catch up to some if you stick to it.:cheers:

Welcome Ryan, Please feel free to share your pic's and stories with us!!:cheers:

Welcome! I was just out there yesterday. Saw a few but only hens within shooting distance. I've got some family in Yuma so I get out there pretty regularly. Maybe we can get together and get your daughter on some birds.

Hello folks. I'm Ryan from Yuma, CO.
I can tell you that its been hard pheasant hunting around here.
3 Weeks now my daughter and I have gone out and we have only flushed or seen about 15 birds. My dog isn't ready to hunt yet, so its just the 2 of us, been fun but frustrating. Very little of the CRP is tall enough around here to support large amounts of birds.

We must be doing something wrong after reading some of the success stories on the forums here from Yuma county.

But we go out every weekend since opening weekend.. Eventually we WILL get our birds.. its been awhile since I've hunted ( this = bad shot lol ). Wife just gave me permission to start again this year.

If anyone's coming this direction and wants a hunting partner let me know I'm always up for it.

BTW I am looking for a youth 20G for my daughter, shes getting whiny about not having her own shotgun lol.. If someones got one to sell or trade..

Happy hunting.. And if Nature calls!! CALL BACK!!

Ryan, I have a Browning BPS 20 youth model in near new condition, along with an assortment of chokes and an extra unused full-size stock that can be added later. I hadn't thought of getting rid of it, but might for the right trade. My email is Sportnlyf@aol.com

Back