New Member from Ohio

Troop10

Hello Gentleman,

I just found this forum today and look forward to participating on future discussions. I'm from west central Ohio and have hunted since I was 12 years old. I hunt deer, turkey, coyotes but my true passion is upland bird hunting. My first bird dog was a Brittany and most recently a German Shorthair whom I just lost this summer. Hopefully next spring I will be getting a new puppy to hunt with for years to come. We regularly hunt in South Dakota, Iowa and locally for pheasants and Northern Michigan for grouse.

Again, I'm looking forward to participating in conversations with everyone in the future.

Welcome Troop10!
Enjoy this site! Lots of good info and lots of guys that are passionate about upland bird hunting! :)

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your posts and pics.

Hey man welcome to the community. I saw that your from ohio and was wondering if you do much released bird hunts in ohio.

Welcome troop10.
I hope you will jump in and post often. Lots of good people on this Forum. :thumbsup:

Welcome - Very good group of guys here. glad to see another from OH. I am N Central area.

Matt D

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm heading to Michigan grouse hunting next week so I'm getting excited! Lab hunter, I really haven't hunted many released birds in Ohio, I have always been blessed with wild birds. Unfortunately, the last couple of years have been pretty bad. Up till about 2008 I averaged 8 - 12 birds every fall around my area. Lately, everyone is mowing the crp and the coyotes have taken a toll. Since I lost my Shorthair this year, I probably won't bird hunt a lot here, but coyote hunting is on!

Back