New member from NE Washington

PTM

Hey everyone, my name is Patrick and I am new to the site. Althogh I reside in WA I grew up in ND and have been hunting pheasants for the last thirty years or so. When I'm not bird hnting I'm chasing down walleyes on various parts of the Columbia river in a Lund. Glad to have found the site.

Last edited:
PTM, glad to have You.
Pics and stories make UPH fun, got any?:cheers:

Pheasants and Walleye

Here is a couple pics, the pheasants in this picture are the from the day I consider when my dog Lilah made the transition from a puppy to a valuable hunting partner, also if you notice the posted sign I called the number and the property owner said one time only, it was one of the times I'll never forget, too many birds to mention. The walleye although not super huge is the one I blame for spending untold thousands of dollars to the sport, buying a new boat, and now fishing a tournament series here locally, thanks to Mike for taking me out on the river.The last pic is this years opener in WA, mostly released birds near my house.View attachment 3588

View attachment 3589

View attachment 3594

Last edited:
I see pheasants, a ruffie, and a quail in that last pic. Looks like a great day to be in the field.:10sign:

Quail

I am rapidly becoming a huge fan of the California quail. I spent a number of years in AZ and didn't take advantage of the outstanding quail hunting there. They are truly an amazing bird, the first coveys I encountered up here I froze up like a rabbit, you can't put a conscious thought into the shot or you will miss for sure!

They are a great bird to hunt. I don't think a lot of the guys on here who are used to hunting bobs believes me when I speak of 75-100 bird coveys. Of course these aren't the norm but when you see them they will make your jaw drop and stare in amazement.

Big Coveys

Saw a couple in AZ like that. I was working a ditch bank for Javelina and saw at least a hundred bust out in pairs and singles as I moved along the bank. The plumage on the breast are truly some the coolest colors on any bird.

Back