New initiative by PF

When is the last time MN has been in the tops of any list in Pheasant harvest figures -- Cold day in hell before I'd ever plan a pheasant trip to MN, you know the state is just covered up in public land opportunities for pheasants :rolleyes:

PF's management at the corporate level should all be fired and replaced and their HQ moved to a state that actually has huntable populations of pheasants in it.

As someone who lives and hunts in MN, you just stay in Kansas and don't ever crack open a Minnesota public land atlas and learn what MN has to offer in terms of hunting land. Minnesota has a ton of public hunting land. With great opportunities to limit on pheasants. I've been to South Dakota multiple times (public land) and almost every time I'm driving home I wish I'd have just stayed home because I can do just as well on my home turf.

Also, as someone else mentioned here, money raised at local chapters stays at the local chapters. Maybe y'all should get off your asses in Kansas, get together, get a good chapter going, raise some money, and reap the benefits instead of bitching about how other states are getting an "unfair" advantage.

Minnesota has more chapters and more money donated and raised in those local chapters than any state.

Y'all complain about people getting handouts and you want PF to give you a handout of millions of dollars of habitat and work being completed without putting in a penny of effort.

As someone who lives and hunts in MN, you just stay in Kansas and don't ever crack open a Minnesota public land atlas and learn what MN has to offer in terms of hunting land. Minnesota has a ton of public hunting land. With great opportunities to limit on pheasants. I've been to South Dakota multiple times (public land) and almost every time I'm driving home I wish I'd have just stayed home because I can do just as well on my home turf.

Also, as someone else mentioned here, money raised at local chapters stays at the local chapters. Maybe y'all should get off your asses in Kansas, get together, get a good chapter going, raise some money, and reap the benefits instead of bitching about how other states are getting an "unfair" advantage.

Minnesota has more chapters and more money donated and raised in those local chapters than any state.

Y'all complain about people getting handouts and you want PF to give you a handout of millions of dollars of habitat and work being completed without putting in a penny of effort.
I think you are onto something here. It would be nice to see some bumper to bumper SUV filled roads and hotels/motels fully booked at "desk" rates months before the pheasant (and grouse - maybe a richer target in MN) opener. Also - pretty good waterfowl hunting up there, eh?

Sounds as if Minnesota's Fish/Wildlife Department could learn a lot from Kansas's wildlife hucksters. :)

But seriously. Any effort that improves habitat gets a thumbs up from me. I think we've all been burned by good intentions/road to hell with QU and the turkey crooks. The cure is active engagement/involvement in the organization vice just tossing some bucks up in the air and hoping for the best.- not giving up and walking away. For that matter - NRA falls under this heading IMHO. And even KDWPT.

I think you are onto something here. It would be nice to see some bumper to bumper SUV filled roads and hotels/motels fully booked at "desk" rates months before the pheasant (and grouse - maybe a richer target in MN) opener. Also - pretty good waterfowl hunting up there, eh?

Sounds as if Minnesota's Fish/Wildlife Department could learn a lot from Kansas's wildlife hucksters. :)

But seriously. Any effort that improves habitat gets a thumbs up from me. I think we've all been burned by good intentions/road to hell with QU and the turkey crooks. The cure is active engagement/involvement in the organization vice just tossing some bucks up in the air and hoping for the best.- not giving up and walking away. For that matter - NRA falls under this heading IMHO. And even KDWPT.
I agree QU turned out to be a "Rocky" show only. It left a lingering problem for other organizations. On the other hand Quail Forever and Pheasant Forever use most of their monies for wildlife projects. Great organizations period.

I agree QU turned out to be a "Rocky" show only. It left a lingering problem for other organizations. On the other hand Quail Forever and Pheasant Forever use most of their monies for wildlife projects. Great organizations period.
For sure. Just make sure they stay well supervised. If questions about their funding sources and outlays are greeted with silence, or worse, advice that its just too complicated for rubes such as you to understand - run like hell. Applicable regardless of what organizational entity one is contemplating. Most orgs start with good intentions, but the deviants tend to kind of sneak in on you over time. Vigilance (and not taking "no" for an answer) is the vaccine.

Back