New hunting video

i guess you guys like standing around as much as we like to trail our dogs for miles, hoping for that awesome point!

I enjoyed your video. I love watching those little English Cockers do there thing. Glad I don't have to hunt pheasants in hills like that.

Do a lot of people hunt in Ireland or is it just a certain segment of society? How difficult is it for people to own guns in Ireland?

Thanks again,

Dan

i guess you guys like standing around as much as we like to trail our dogs for miles, hoping for that awesome point!

On this shoot we don't just stand around. We have different blocks of cover we call drives. One group walks a drive & the other stands at the end to cut the birds off, then we alternate. By doing this we find the birds are more sporting as they have a bit of speed behind them by the time they reach the guns. However, if a bird cuts back then it is acceptable for the walkers to shoot it.

This is not like a UK formal shoot where a bunch of beaters hunt all the birds to waiting guns.

I enjoyed your video. I love watching those little English Cockers do there thing. Glad I don't have to hunt pheasants in hills like that.

Do a lot of people hunt in Ireland or is it just a certain segment of society? How difficult is it for people to own guns in Ireland?

Thanks again,

Dan

Yeah the little cocker is a game little guy, works as hard as his little legs let him. That big rooster was a difficult retrieve up that very steep hill in long grass.

Yeah there is a big hunting community in Ireland. If you check out my videos on my youtube channel you will find woodcock, pigeon & crow shooting. Getting guns is not as easy as the states but it is fine. You have to be able to justify why you are getting the gun & they will not let you have a gun if you have a criminal record. Our license has to be renewed every 5 years.

Those hills are challenging, but it keeps us fit and makes the hunting challenging.

Nice shot on the first bird...

Very different cover there than what we hunt here.

The first bird was a good one, as was the 2nd because I didn't have as much time on it. Unfortunately, the cover is quite heavy on out shoot, it could do with being burnt back as it can be difficult to flush the pheasants.

Back