New huntin bud's

FCSpringer

Since this is the time of year allot of people get a new pup, hows everyone doing with there new additions? We have had a few newbies in for training and they all seem to be off to a great start. There new owners are haveing a ball. Some pups from all corners of the country it seems.

FCSpringer, as you know, I was pumped up to get a new pup this year, but my wife put the squash on my plans.

Reading about everyone else's new editions will only make it worse! (But I look forward to hearing about them anyway)

Well T,O nice to hear from you again, Headed for Brainerd tomorrow for a fun trial, come on up and watch the dogs. You can always get one next year. Maybe she just needs a little time is all. Flowers don't hurt or begging. :D

I have a litter of 4 in the kitchen right now that'll be 4 weeks old tomorrow. The full masked tricolor male is trying to reserve a kennel of his own. The breeding is right. He may be a lock.

My female Brittany just turned 7 months this week and I had her spayed on Tuesday so no work for a week or so. She has done great on her obedience traning and is a retrieving fool. She also loves the water and has been doing water retrieves. She is still trying to figure out scent and birds. Still thinks the trips to the field are just a time to run and play. I don't have access to any birds so I'm limited in that department. And in South Dakota we are not suppose to work dogs on wild birds from April 15th thru July 31st. I figure from August 1st on I'll get her on more birds until the season starts. Then it will be OJT. I do know that I need to work her seperate from my 6 year old Brittany. When they are together in the field the pup thinks it's play time and wants to run and play with the older dog. By herself she tends more to business. If there was a good trainer in the area I'd love to have someone work with her on some birds. But I know from training my other dogs she will figure it out and by the end of this season will kno a lot more.

There is a good trainer in Shurbern MN on I 90, Not sure how far that is but It can't be more than a few hrs? he trains pointers and allot of them for some High end kennel in KS. Maybe you could get togeather and work somthing out, he just moved back from KS and put up his own set up there.

George, She is really looking great. She has the look of a outstanding Brittany. With the tail down she looks a lot like Tony. Which is not all bad.....Bob

over a barrel

Hey tolzon i was wanting a new honky tonk puppy and i approached my girlfriend about it and here is how it went! a list of about ten things she wanted,do this do that and by the way a new patio, i was like ummm honey is this called leverage or what? she smiled cant wait for my new pup!

Bob,
I think she is going to be a pretty good sized female. At 7 months she is about 19.5" at the withers and weighs in at about 35 lbs. She is lean and well put together. Not sure how much more she will grow but she certainly still has some growing to do.
George

You are right George she is one big girl. She only has 1 inch to go and 5 pounds and she will be oversize. Like Tony he is 2 inches and 20 pounds oversize. But there are good and bad things. I like to height I can see him better in the weeds. But the weight, in hot early season he tires quickly. When I get another Brittany in a few years. It definitely will not be neutered at 6 months. I have learned my lesson with Tony....Bob

Back