New guy from Texas

quanah labs

Hello everyone, my name is Luke. I'm 32 and live in central Texas. I have a lab that I have been hunting dove, and ducks with, and plan on hunting pheasants with her this year. I have been hunting pheasants for the last 3 years ,without a dog, and have been skunked, so with the addition of my canine hunting companion I plan on bringing home some wild pheasants this year!

I look forward to having a place like this forum to talk to like minded bird hunting fanatics and gain some knowledge from people MUCH more experienced than I am.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your posts and photos.

Welcome aboard! TX isn't much for Pheasant hunting, except up in the panhandle. Where do you go to look for birds?

I keep heading farther north. I started hunting in the panhandle in Floyd county, then the next couple of years I've hunted in Kansas around wakeeney. I'm strongly leaning towards heading to Nebraska this year due to the drought that has plagued Kansas.

This is actually one of the main reasons why I joined this forum, to ask what some of you guys that either live or hunt in these states think.

Don't worry, I'm new to this forum, but I know not to ask for anyone's honey hole just a general idea of area conditions which might help me pick a state.

After talking to a couple wildlife bioligist, and reading a ton of pheasant forecasts and surveys, I have a pretty good idea ( I think) of where there may be some decent bird numbers on public land but again I would appreciate any input.

Back