New guy from MN

Hunt1GSP

Hello, been lurking for a while and finally joined. I'm getting a GSP pup in 4 weeks so I'm trying to pick up any training tips I can. Not a newbie to hunting so I might be able be to add some helpful info to some questions posted. I'm also looking for info on running NAVHDA, so any members in the ST Cloud and Alexandria area give me a shout. Thanks

Hello, thanks for the welcome. I can see how quite things get after season. I'm getting a pup out of Top Gun Kennel in Iowa.

Fellow Minnesotan here. Welcome!

I'm pretty active in the MN NAVHDA chapter. We are a big group with lots of great folks. Unfortunately we train a ways away from you, but you are always welcome to visit.

Mutthunt, just wondering where you train, I would like too at least come watch once or twice. Also tomorrows the big day, I'm picking up my new hunting partner!

We train in three different places. One near Milaca, one near Glencoe, and one near Hugo. I frequent the training nights in Hugo, but there are great folks at all of them.

This website has more information: https://mnnavhda.org/training/

Training nights start in April. We always have lots of folks with young dogs who want their dog to get started on the right foot.

Have fun with the pup! Those days go by way too fast!

Congrats on the upcoming pup. I have 2 Top Gun shorthairs. Outstanding dogs great breeder. Steve is an awesome guy. My next shorthair will be a Top Gun.

Back