new dog vest

Really like the Sylmar vest I bought. He did some custom work on it for me and mailed it to out in SD. It was right around Thanksgiving, too. He really went out of his way. I like them because they don’t heat my dog up so much. She has a pretty heavy coat.

Attachments

• D4D6AA40-DD87-47EC-87E7-27FF0CB6DCE8.jpeg
    D4D6AA40-DD87-47EC-87E7-27FF0CB6DCE8.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 11
Dog vests are a waste of money or regular use unless you have a dog that has recently whelped pups or you're in some extreme conditions like heavy snow that warrant the use. Dogs are tough like football players, don't be fooled. My experience is you see a lot more versatile breed dog owners fall into use of a vest than hard core pointer/setter guys. Just saying.....

Dog vests are a waste of money or regular use unless you have a dog that has recently whelped pups or you're in some extreme conditions like heavy snow that warrant the use. Dogs are tough like football players, don't be fooled. My experience is you see a lot more versatile breed dog owners fall into use of a vest than hard core pointer/setter guys. Just saying.....

Nobody feed the troll

My post is legit and unless you have something to offer that would offer content and experience the contrary, should refrain from labeling. If you want to discuss your experiences, PM me. otherwise, I suggest you temper your use of the term "troll".

My post is legit and unless you have something to offer that would offer content and experience the contrary, should refrain from labeling. If you want to discuss your experiences, PM me. otherwise, I suggest you temper your use of the term "troll".

You're right. Maybe you're not a troll. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however silly it might be.

1) Waste of money: vest is $30. Surgery for barbed wire cut is $300+
2) Dogs are tough like football players. Football players wear pads. Can you think of a better analogy?
3) What would a vest do for snow? Like, seriously?
4) This is a bit of speculation on my part, but 'hardcore' pointer/setter guys might tend to hunt wide open country...aka less fences. Not old farmsteads with rusty metal all over. When I see a few thousand acres of CRP, I'm not too worried about cuts. When I see a small tract with ag on each side, I use the vest.

Mutthunt, Not sure how much football you've played or bird hunting you do for that matter, but your point of view is duly noted. Thanks for sharing your perspective as your post now makes more sense in terms your approach to bird hunting. Please do PM me if you want you continue the discussion.

If you believe that buying a dog vest is a waste of money then don't buy one,otherwise leave the people that what to buy one alone. I buy dog vests for more then protection,it helps me see the dog better. My money not yours.

If you believe that buying a dog vest is a waste of money then don't buy one,otherwise leave the people that what to buy one alone. I buy dog vests for more then protection,it helps me see the dog better. My money not yours.

(y) Good post. I run a vest on my Brittany for a couple of reasons. First, she has a very thin and fine coat and without a vest her underside gets pretty raw. Also protects against barbed wire, etc. Secondly, like you said, it helps see your dog in the field. My dog is almost all white so it really helps when hunting in the snow. I think you will like the Sylmar vest.

Back