New areas!

Tailfeathers

Well did a little leg work the other day and found a few farms that are in the co-op programs. Went and knocked on some doors and ended up getting two farms to hunt on. One is a huge farm that has lots of corn with many fence rows. The kind gentlemen has given me permission not only to pheasant hunt but also deer hunt and bring my son out and shoot groundhogs! This looks to be the start of a great relationship. The other farm is a upland hunters dream! It has lots of grasses and beautiful hedgerows. The farm is in the crep program and they also stock many hens. The owner told me that it also has a stable stock of native birds! He sees many broods in the spring!! Will be hunting later this week should be very exciting! Looks like I have some extra turkeys to buy for thanksgiving this year!

Wow...that's AWESOME! My hat goes off to you. There is some great upland hunting to be had in Pa. if people are willing to do some leg work, and there are also more places that hold WILD birds than many realize. I 'M excited for you and can't wait to hear how you make out. Remember, those wild birds are not going to be easy!

that is great news and a great find!

seems like you found yourself a sweet spot and not only just for pheasants

Tailfeathers,

If possible take some pictures of the area " without giving it's location away ", would love to see the habitat. I enjoy looking at the cover as much as the harvested game.

I plan on going in the morning after work if I am not too tired. I will take some pics and try to upload them to here. Just not very good with putting pics on forums!

I know what you mean, I usually have my son do it, and he's shown me a dozen times! lol Good luck!

Hey guys went this morning, (cold) heard a few saw two one could not get a shot at and the other did a disappearing act. I watched it fly into a small strip of high grass and the dog and I went straight to it and could not get on it. The farm is awesome and had a great time! I took some pics and if someone could help me put them on here I would be grateful. I am using a iPad and I have the pics on photobucket. Thanks!

That's awesome! Sounds like you got yourself honey-hole!

If you already have your pictures on photo bucket all you have to do is go to your album on photo bucket..select a photo.. and at the bottom of the page will be a link for "choose action"..click on it..then click on generate link codes..then look for "IMG for bulletin boards & forums"..then copy and paste full size item into the text of your post! Hope that helps!

8f0b9c38a4b9df867d926a12d902ecc9.jpg
this is my dog Kansas working some of the new area.
4eca0298f4cf149fd5a680d6355bf88d.jpg
some of the new farm.
31cbb60685f306e8427f858779cbe961.jpg
ecf657e750b0345c6257c19dd691f3d2.jpg

Looks like You and Kansas have found yourselves a nice piece of real estate. Thanks for sharing, I love the pictures!

Back