Needed---2-4 Hunters for SD opener west of Aberdeen

Uncle Buck

Group of 4 cancelled do to moose hunt conflict. Looking to get to 11-12 total at 7-8. We have 9 excellent Pudelpointers coming but all dogs welcome. Varied cover and ground. Most who will be there have hunted it 3-5 times in last few years so we know the ground. Older gentleman or ladies who wish to block only welcome as we have the dogs and ground pounders. $650 4 nites lodging three days hunting. We cook at lodge or eat at two cafes doors away. Always a big breakfast as we cannot hunt till noon first week. Safe hunters only! call 605-360-0144

Bird numbers have varied over the last three years, '14 and '15 being pretty good. Limits most days the first two weekends. The spots vary from year to year based on crop rotation. We actually seldom hit all the spots in three days. I do have some concerns about numbers this year, but there is water on some of the ground. If they put some cover crops in, it should help as we have had excellent rains August and Sept. There were a ton of roosters up there at the end of the season last year. The dates are lodging on the nites of October20, 21, 22and 23. Hunting 20,21,22. Could still use two hunters, even if they just want to block.

Joel,

Not sure you qualify as an "older gentleman". Would you enjoy posting for three day's?

I am the older gentleman "cause I messed up on years that birds were better at Leola. Should have been '15 and '16. Last year was pretty good. Re blocker issue, I did not expect Joel would want to block for 3 days as I know he has dogs. There are folks who have health/age issues and they are welcome if safe. I can often could use some one to get my truck to the end of the field so I do not have to backtrack and make sure we have plenty of water for dogs if hot.

How did your hunt go? I'm from Ohio and have hunted South Dakota many times I maybe interested in joining your group next year

Back