need info on bruce south dakota

huntdux

recently won 3 day hunt in an around bruce south dakota for this 2012 fall season at the end of november and was wondering what the pheasant success is in the surrounding area as well as public land opportuities. any chance of getting into some huns or sharp tailed grouse? any assistance or info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Bruce in just NW of Brookings. Typically this is not one of the better areas in SD but I can't personally comment on the pheasant population in the area. I'm sure there are some areas with decent bird numbers. Others on this site may be able to provide better info on bird numbers and public land in the Bruce area. But I can pretty much assure you that you won't find any sharptails or huns. You really need to get further west for sharpies and huns are few and far between in SD anymore.

i appreciate the info, was hoping for positive feedback. the place i am actually staying at is OWLL oakwood lake lodge (veteran owned/operated). per the website it appears to be very nice and comfortable. i do quite well down here in ks for pheasant, bobwhite, and few scaled quail in sw ks and even prairie chickens - i was not expecting to limit out in short amount of time just wanted to get into some birds and make the trip worthwile.

if you hear of anything else, please drop me a line. thanx

huntdux

Back