Nebraska Outfitter

Gerald B

Anybody got a line on a good, family farm outfitter in Nebraska? Coming out in late November visiting two old service buddies. One about 30 minutes east of North Platte and the other up north in Newport not to far south of the South Dakota border. I am not bringing a dog as I am going to be gone out there longer than I care to deal with the dog.
Not looking for the fluffed up fancy 5 star blue blood lodge. Prefer a family farm or small outfit.

Would like to second that request. Keep hearing good things about Nebraska.
Gotta start somewhere. Thinking it might be little warmer than SD in December.
I have dogs but am looking for a reference to get started. Thanks in advance for any help.

Just in case you want to travel about 75 north of Newport is Winner and I would recommend Antler Ridge Lodge —
Family owned and run-First class operation—Land-birds-and great guides and wonderful dogs😀
Just to let you know I guide and have dogs😃😈

Not really sure about the warmer part. I have seen morning frost on the ground the first week of September in Nebraska.

Just in case you want to travel about 75 north of Newport is Winner and I would recommend Antler Ridge Lodge —
Family owned and run-First class operation—Land-birds-and great guides and wonderful dogs😀

PM headed your way

I would think there are quite a few outfitters along the Platte(s) from Gothenburg to Scottsbluff, that are is also pretty well know waterfowl hunting if it interest you along with turkey hunting. Valentine to Bassett would be another area with outfitters, once again, great turkey hunting also in this area. I have a cpl folks I can ask , they are north of NP but know the area well.....

Last edited:
I would think there are quite a few outfitters along the Platte(s) from Gothenburg to Scottsbluff, that are is also pretty well know waterfowl hunting if it interest you along with turkey hunting. Valentine to Bassett would be another area with outfitters, once again, great turkey hunting also in this area. I have a cpl folks I can ask , they are north of NP but know the area well.....

I have been to Maxwell many times for deer, turkey and ducks. Old service buddy lives close to there. Just looking for something different this trip. Just thought somebody might know of or had been somewhere they would suggest.

I’m going there 10/24. Have not been there in about 6 years and I cant wait! They are wonderful people and you get treated like a king without having to pay a fortune.

Chessie—
Looking forward to seeing you there!!
When you were there were you by chance guided by a handsome devil 👿 with two beautiful yellow labds😳?

I don’t think you ever guided us. It has typically been Jack. You might have hunted with us one snowy day though. You might be able to tell me? I hunt with two Chessies. The guy I’m thinking of showed up with a buddy. He said he had guided there in the past. Hunted with us for a while, then went off with his buddy somewhere else.

If it was 6 years ago I still may of had some previous commitments from other clients that I had to honor—
but after getting to know the Kubiks no longer go anywhere else-to great there
‘But Jack and have become very good friends and work Together whenever possible-
‘Anyway looking forward to meeting you
Dave C.

Back