NE Opener

BritChaser

Prepping for the NE opener in SW this weekend. Walk-in only. Weather forecast is a mix with 60 forecast for Sat. and, much better, mid-40s for Sun. Good bar and grill next to the motel. Ready to lock and load.

Back from NE. Hunted around Beaver City and Hendley. Poor hunting.

I have no problem revealing general areas like counties where I hunt. No worries guys.

Last edited:
I wasn't far from Beaver City. Hunted East and West of there. Was Tough. Birds were super spooky and plenty of other hunters. We scratched out a rooster and some quail. Too hot / dry.

I wasn't far from Beaver City. Hunted East and West of there. Was Tough. Birds were super spooky and plenty of other hunters. We scratched out a rooster and some quail. Too hot / dry.
I was in that same general area for 4 days last weekend. It was rough for me too. I worked hard and put some crazy miles on my boots - thought I killed my dog, had to call the vet at 11pm on sunday night because he was moaning and whining. Ends up 6 in dog years makes him about the same as a 50 yr old man and he was just sore and needed some pain meds.

Sounds like some of you are in my area. Can't say I've seen much for other people out. Last two weeks have been pretty warm and dry. Birds are wiley and they're scattered. Hunted yesterday morning and had no shots until the end of my last walk. This week we're supposed to see lower temps and some moisture. Hoping for better luck next weekend.

Last edited:
Sounds like some of you are in my area. Can't say I've seen much for other people out. Last two weeks have been pretty warm and dry. Birds are wiley and they're scattered. Hunted yesterday morning and had no shots until the end of my last walk. This week we're supposed to see lower temps and some moisture. Hoping for better luck next weekend.
I am headed back up there for a week on Thursday. I am hoping the moisture will help.

Back