ND

What part of ND offers the best hunting for whitetail, mule deer, and pheasants? I have been considering relocating.

If I had to pick one place that was centrally located to the best in Waterfowl, Deer, Pheasants, Sharptail it would most likely be Bismarck. Bismarck is a big enough city as to have more employment opportunities and is right on the Missouri river. Fishing on the Missouri is supposed to be good too. Your within an hour or two of some of the best the state has to offer.

Seen some real nice Mules by Strawsberg and Polock area between there and the river in the big valleys Real nice Whitetails and unreal bird hunting. Access will be the hard part unless you get an in. Thats the far Sth west part east of Owahe. They shoot a few there every year. But where the big boys were I believe you can't get in, not sure.

We are teachers. So if something ever opened up we would look into it. For years I wanted to head to Montana but the pay was always a little discouraging.

I have been in education for 20 yrs. I am quite aware of teacher salaries. That does not interest me. I lived south of Kansas City for 1 year with my wife and I having combined salaries of over $100,000 teaching and coaching. The absolute worst year of my career. No matter what the salary was, I would not have stayed. Lets stick with the original thread.

We are teachers. So if something ever opened up we would look into it. For years I wanted to head to Montana but the pay was always a little discouraging.

You pushed this thread in the teacher pay direction -- eh?

ND ranks below MT in most studies.

If Mule Deer rank high on your list look at southwest ND - if not right back at MT. Where ever you find pheasants you will find nice whitetail bucks.

You pushed this thread in the teacher pay direction -- eh?

I thought the same thing. Here's the quote from westksbowhunter:

For years I wanted to head to Montana but the pay was always a little discouraging.

Folks on this site are just trying to be helpful. No need to get testy! If salary wasn't an issue then why did you bring it up? :confused:

What part of ND offers the best hunting for whitetail, mule deer, and pheasants? I have been considering relocating.

I think someone gave you good advice on your original post. SW NoDak has all three of what you stated, and throw in a smattering of Pronghorn to boot.

Back