Nascar rigged

onpoint

"Jeff Gordon was furious when Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne bailed on him over the final two laps. It was part of a Ford pact made before the weekend began, when the blue oval drivers were """"told"""" they were to help Edwards and Kenseth, the two championship contenders.

Gordon restarted in seventh but faded to 27th when he had no drafting help. An animated Bayne went immediately to Gordon's car after the race, then posted his thoughts on Twitter.

''I'm not happy about what this has become,'' he posted on Twitter in reference to the two-car draft and the reliance on partners.

''It's too premeditated. We should be able to go with whoever is around us. I would have rather pulled over and finished last than tell (Gordon) I would work with him and then be strong armed into bailing.''

The race is decided off the track by suit waring big wigges...like everything else in this country!!!!!!!!!!!

LEFT TURN...LEFT TURN...LEFT TURN...LEFT TURN...LEFT TURN..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................IS THIS 500 MILES YET.......................just kidding I watched the race well part of it.:D

I only watched part of it also. Don't keep up with it anymore. All the cars are the same, hell..Toyota doesn't even make a push rod engine for the street but had to build one just for their race car. The only difference between them is the decal on the hood and the motor. even those are within a few horse power of each other. Everybody is a winier now days... everybody has to be a winner..give them all a trophy. Restrictor plate racing..nobody is suppose to get hurt, slow them down, take the danger out of the sport.

Nascar has been dead since Bill Elliot ran around 230 mph and was able to lap the field back in 1985(about) and they put a stop to that kind of racing with restrictor plates. Now it's run by corporations(same folks who control our government).

If the words of these two drivers, instead was two football players discussing throwing the game. Just how would it be excepted then?

Of course the game is rigged, nobody said life was FAIR. Just do as I do---DON'T WATCH, it's not worth it anymore.:(

AMEN Jim

I haven't been watching but just caught bits and peaces, then read this on Fox. No reason to watch when it's rigged

i think all or most professional sports are rigged to some extent. That is why I do not watch any of them.

I don't watch it much any more, and I do not like the 2 car draft. Nasty car has been going down hill for a long time.:(

I only watched part of it also. Don't keep up with it anymore. All the cars are the same, hell..Toyota doesn't even make a push rod engine for the street but had to build one just for their race car. The only difference between them is the decal on the hood and the motor. even those are within a few horse power of each other. Everybody is a winier now days... everybody has to be a winner..give them all a trophy. Restrictor plate racing..nobody is suppose to get hurt, slow them down, take the danger out of the sport.

Nascar has been dead since Bill Elliot ran around 230 mph and was able to lap the field back in 1985(about) and they put a stop to that kind of racing with restrictor plates. Now it's run by corporations(same folks who control our government).

If the words of these two drivers, instead was two football players discussing throwing the game. Just how would it be excepted then?

I like the pre-restrictor days on the speedways when there were real differences in the cars. The most excitment in NASCAR now is on the road courses where the drivers have to have a lot of skills to win. Part of racing is engineering for more speed within the basic limits of the class. I remember some years ago the chief mechanic for the Ferrari F-1 team boasting that his cars had about 100 more HP than the others -- due to engineering brilliance -- and they won driving away.

Last edited:
I like the pre-restrictor days on the speedways when there were real differences in the cars. The only excitment in NASCAR is on the road courses where the drivers have to have a lot of skills to win. Part of racing is engineering for more speed within the basic limits of the class. I remember some years ago the chief mechanic for the Ferarri F-1 team boasting that his cars had about 100 more HP than the others -- due to engineering brilliance -- and they won driving away.

Amen BritChaser...I was involved with factory snowmobile racing in it's hay days. Part of the true attractant to the sport was engineering ways to make your sled go faster and handle better then anybody elses. It was a constant competition to be on your game.

Now days, it's so governed and over ruled, you might just as well buy a sled that's ready to race from some vendor. Same is true in all pro sports...those with the money dictate the out come, no matter who's driving or holding the ball.

I call it commercial car:) Very boring racing. Had someone tell me prerace inspections is where it's rigged inspectors got the list of cars that go through no questions asked. All determianed the nite before based on what gives them the best ratings and return for the buck:eek: Every year racing gets worse. Haven't watched a race all year:thumbsup: Use to never miss one in the 80's and 90's

Back