My Plans

mnmthunting

Banned
I hate missing the Pheasant opener.:(
Got a WY deer tag, the season opens Oct 15th MT pheasants opens the 9th.
So, I head out to WY late on the 13th, plan to hunt about 3 days for Muley's then on the way home 3 days of Yellowstone Valley Pheasant hunting. Got a long time friend there that saves some prime stuff for me.:cool:

Good luck, sounds like a great time!

So, I head out to WY late on the 13th, plan to hunt about 3 days for Muley's then on the way home 3 days of Yellowstone Valley Pheasant hunting. Got a long time friend there that saves some prime stuff for me.:cool:

Ill bet you have a great time, Best of luck, let us know how it goes.:)

Have a good trip and good luck on a deer and some birds. Sounds like it is going to be fun all the way.......Bob

Thanks You All, It usually is a good trip. Mid Oct can and does have some awful weather up on the high dessert. I've been in -20's stuck in a blizzard and in 70 degree bluebird weather. If the weather is nice it's a great time. :cheers:

The weather you mention, is one of the reason's I hate to travel to the midwest in the fall. Driving all the way across MT. Is always a unpleasant advenrure for me......Bob

Last edited:
Take some nice photo's to share with us and GOOD luck!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::cheers:

Whare are you hunting mulies in Wyo?

I have the Region E general. Lander area and to the East and South.
Region E has about everything as far as terrain. High in the Wind River Range to irrigated Bottoms. High desert country, canyons and mountain islands in the rolling sage. That high desert is where so many travelers along the Oregon and Mormon trails got caught in the Oct blizzards. Many perished.

mnmt, very familiar with the area. My sister lives in the Buffalo/Sheridan area and I've hunted the Big Horns many times. My nephew lived in Lander and did a lot of hunting. Unfortunately he passed away unexpectedly in '08 at age 45, so my connections there are gone.

Good luck on the hunt.

I have the Region E general. Lander area and to the East and South.
Region E has about everything as far as terrain. High in the Wind River Range to irrigated Bottoms. High desert country, canyons and mountain islands in the rolling sage. That high desert is where so many travelers along the Oregon and Mormon trails got caught in the Oct blizzards. Many perished.

mnmthunting,

Ill bet you will have no problems finding a muley around Lander. Best of luck to you sir, and have a great time.:)

Thanks you guys.:cool:
I will take pics. Nice for me to be a part of a group like you.:10sign:
You guys too:cheers: take LOTS of pics and share all the stuff. :)

Back