My newest pheasant gun

treedaddy

Just picked up a new A5. I'll have this one for next fall along with my Auto 5 20 mag and Sweet 16.
1971 Light 12 with a 28 inch modified barrel.

That's a nice clean machine you have there;) Fun gun. Enjoy it this fall:thumbsup:

Thanks for the response.

What do you mean "light 12?" Lighter weight - more kick?

And do you intend to have the barrel fitted with screw chokes?

I have an A5 - 1941 vintage, still going strong. Improved cyl and 26" barrel.

Thanks for the response.

What do you mean "light 12?" Lighter weight - more kick?

And do you intend to have the barrel fitted with screw chokes?

I have an A5 - 1941 vintage, still going strong. Improved cyl and 26" barrel.

The Light 12 is about 10 ounces lighter than the regular weight 12 gauge, but it is not particularly light at 7lbs 12 ounces. I'm a sucker for Auto 5's. I have 2 Belgium 20 gauges, a Belgium 20 gauge magnum and a Japanese Sweet 16 that has invector chokes. I am going to leave this barrel like it is and maybe get an improved cylinder barrel to go with it. I shot about 20, 1 1/8 ounce shells yesterday with the 12 gauge at some clay targets and it is the softest shooting of all my Brownings.

My A5 is a bit over 8 lbs. - the older I get the heavier it seems to be! I bought a 20 ga Bng. Gold, but still shoot better with the A5.

Good luck with your new gun...

A5

Geez, that is really a nice looking gun, and for the price you paid. Looks like a deal. I paid $1600 for my A5 and now I'm pretty sure I got screwed, along with the Federal shells I bought. Good luck with it this Fall. I bet it will be a nice one to carry.

Very Nice! Congratulations on such a good find.
I've always been a fan of A5's since my Grandfather let me shoot his when I was 8 years old.

Back