My Favorite TrailCam Photo from the Year

dc240nt

After getting over 8000 photo's since October 12th, I finally pulled the camera's. This was probably my best year for pictures. My camera's performed without flaw. The batteries gave me a ton of pics. And the mature bucks cooperated. I've had years where more pics were taken, but this year was excellent as far as quality and the number and quality of buck photo's. I'll get around to posting most of them here eventually. But to start with is this picture which I feel is my favorite from the year. My favorite because it shows two decent bucks, the picture is almost perfectly centered, the color is excellent, and it's crystal clear. I couldnt have asked for a better picture. I seen both of these bucks several times throughout the season and I'm letting them grow. I have sheds and photo's of each since they were 2 1/2 years old. The buck on the right is a 4x4 about 130 inches and he's a 3 1/2 year old. I think he's a little light in antler for that age but I'm betting he'll catch up within a couple years. The buck on the left is a 4 1/2 year old that will go close to 150 inches. He's showing some non typical character and I hope to let him go until he's 7 years old. I probably have 500 pictures of him since he was 2. I may have to leave this area alone for a couple seasons because I dont know if I can let him go next year. If I'm not there I cant shoot him. More about him later. And just for the record, these are wild deer and they are on public land.

CopyofPB280041.jpg

That is a sweet shot. I am really considering putting up some cameras (if I ever get around to buying one!) on the national forests here in Colorado for Elk. Seems like a great way to stay excited during the off season.

wow great pic!
Curious what state youre in and what the date of that pic is? Curious about the snowfall

Thanks guys. It was a fun year, running trail cameras is almost as much fun as hunting. I had left my camera's in the woods for over a month, and when I finally went to retrieve them, I was as excited as a kid on Christmas morning.

I'm using TrailMac camera's made by Trail Sense Engineering. I think the company is only selling whats left in stock then closing the doors. They've been great camera's. The only problems I've had with them are the problems that I caused.

I'll post a few more here and there. I got some good one this year.

Back