Must be a record

There has been a lot of wind this November and it looks like it will continue to blow the rest of this week. Can't beat the temps for this time of year though. It was 65 yesterday afternoon when I quit hunting. I also heard on the radio yesterday that the record low for Nov. 27th was a -15. We do get some big swings in temp out here.

How was the hunting, George?

Not good. Hunted from 10-3 and shot one rooster. Saw a couple of others that flushed out of range and a half dozen hens. Hunted in the Doland/Conde area. Birds are way down and a lot of CREP property has been hayed off.

Sorry to hear you weren't successful - but the dog had a good workout. Would assume most of the corn et al is harvested.

I'm back out Dec.7th for four day's.

Most of the corn is out but you will still find some areas that have quite a bit of corn still in the field. Last week I was out in the Hoven area and saw a lot of corn still standing. A farmer I talked to said it had been a very unusual year. Some of their corn was still 20% moisture so they are waiting for it to dry down. At current prices they can't afford to have it dried in the bin.

Come to think of it ... September and October were very windy too. Many days in the grouse woods were cut short in the afternoon because of HIGH winds.

Back