Mountain quail

Heading out again this sat and sun. but this time Im going into 7 to 8000ft elevation for mtn quail and grouse....looks like weather is going to be cooooool, just how I like it for hunting...will report back if we get anything ;)

Last edited:
I got a beat on some grouse from a person who works at the pack station up where I hunt. It's gonna be a good hike but we will give them a shot this weekend.

Got back up the hill Saturday, took a nice long hike and moved two coveys but the damn guns weren't working right.:rolleyes: It was still nice to get the dogs out. JP hunted hard all day with no problems, his leg is looking good.

Got back up the hill Saturday, took a nice long hike and moved two coveys but the damn guns weren't working right.:rolleyes: It was still nice to get the dogs out. JP hunted hard all day with no problems, his leg is looking good.

QH, dont feel bad, we kicked up 3 + coveys of mnt. quail and 2 grouse and missed em all, but still had fun time in the sierra's...mabey next time our "guns" will work better...lol

Back