Motels in SW or WC MN

Wise12375

Hi All. I am looking to get out hunting in the SW or WC part of the state for the last weekend of pheasant season. Just me and a yellow lab. I am looking for any advice on a hotel that might be in small town that is cheap and clean. I don't need much else. I was hoping to stay away from the larger cities like Willmar or Marshall. Was hoping to spend my money in a small town, but will go with a larger town if I have too. Thanks for any advice.

Expedia let's you search on pet friendly. Worked for me. I usually call to verify. Most have a $10/night or so inconvenience fee.

One hotel out there would only take dogs less than 50 pounds.

1609357451643.png

I stayed at the Delux Motel in Marshall. I have stayed there several times in the past. Since it was slow, they gave me a cheaper rate and didn't charge me for the dog. Very friendly. I also was able to find a motel in Tyler that doesn't come back on Priceline or Travelocity. Have not tried that one.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm planning a similar trip and was hoping to get some recommendations as well. I'm looking for a cheap and clean motel in the SW or WC part of the state, and I'd prefer to stay in a smaller town if possible. I appreciate the recommendation for the Delux Motel in Marshall, and I'll definitely check it out. I'm also curious about the motel you mentioned in Tyler that doesn't come up on popular booking websites.By the way, I recently returned from a trip to Spain and had a great experience booking accommodations through HappyLife.es. I was wondering if anyone knows of any similar websites for finding unique and affordable lodging options in the US?

Last edited:
I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm planning a similar trip and was hoping to get some recommendations as well. I'm looking for a cheap and clean motel in the SW or WC part of the state, and I'd prefer to stay in a smaller town if possible.
Hilltop Inn Slayton MN

I’ve stayed at the Super 8 in St. James and it is fine. Dog friendly, decent breakfast, affordable, and cleaner than some of the other places I’ve stayed at in that area.

Check out Gary S.Dak. it is right on the border. Former school for the blind has nice accommodations and camping .

Haha, the first time I read your post BB I read it as super “clubby” kind of place instead of suPPer clubby kind of place! I’ve hunted around Windom and thankfully there’s not a night clubby kind of place for miles around!

Back