more snow!

groceryman200

well here in nw mo we are getting another 4-8 inchs on top of what we already have.
any of the few birds left are really going to struggle.
Friday is going to be negative temps and -20 or -30 wind chills.
that will kill them quick--plus some of the snow is starting to crust over.
saw literally hundred of turkeys today trying to scratch thru and get some food as the front started coming in.
I just don't know how much longer we will have birds in missouri. Its really starting to get bad.......no birds, no cover, and no help from the conservation dept.
All they are concerned with is deer and turkey.

While I like turkeys, I am depressed how much the focus is on them over other game birds. :(

Nw mo snow

I have been hunting NW Missouri for 20 years, and this is bad news. My friend lives in Fairfax and said there is 20 inches of snow on the ground. The quial were making a come back and the pheasnat numbers improved from the past couple of years. The weather is a killer, same thing is happening in Southern, Iowa. Birds are few and not much habbitat. The conservation department has been doing some good things at Bilbe, brush piles and such, but as you know, the conservation $ go for deer and turkey.

well here in nw mo we are getting another 4-8 inchs on top of what we already have.
any of the few birds left are really going to struggle.
Friday is going to be negative temps and -20 or -30 wind chills.
that will kill them quick--plus some of the snow is starting to crust over.
saw literally hundred of turkeys today trying to scratch thru and get some food as the front started coming in.
I just don't know how much longer we will have birds in missouri. Its really starting to get bad.......no birds, no cover, and no help from the conservation dept.
All they are concerned with is deer and turkey.

the conditions you describe wont necessarily kill birds quick. Youll get a mild thaw sooner and more frequent than MN, ND, SD etc. These are tough wild birds that can survive conditions we cant comprehend sometimes.

Back