More rain! Widespread!

The heat dome engulfing the southwest is expected to move north/northeast next week. Prepare for apocalyptic heat. Drought's only going to get worse.

Does anyone know the extent of the hail last night? Sounded like it was mostly around Pierre but the radar looked pretty nasty south and east to about Kimball.

My cousins place in Pierre yesterday evening. Golf to small tennis ball size.
Didn't cover the ground but bad enough to do damage.

Attachments

• IMG_20230719_091853_01.jpg
    IMG_20230719_091853_01.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 18
Looks like south got some more rain. Scattered small stuff in some other areas. I know I’ve made many comments about the good reports my contacts have shared. Talked to another yesterday and the first bad one I’ve heard. Sounds like winter was tougher in this area and not by coincidence it is the farthest NE place we hunt. See if that changes by fall or not. Just wanted share this.

Looks like south got some more rain. Scattered small stuff in some other areas. I know I’ve made many comments about the good reports my contacts have shared. Talked to another yesterday and the first bad one I’ve heard. Sounds like winter was tougher in this area and not by coincidence it is the farthest NE place we hunt. See if that changes by fall or not. Just wanted share this.
Matt, what county?

Pretty big cell hit the Wessington Springs to Parker track last night. Supposedly had some hail in it, but I’m not sure how much and how large. Cooler temps ahead.

Matt, what county?
Prefer not to say for various reasons. Don’t want to hotspot anything and quite honestly it really goes to show that like usual it can be small little pockets that get affected and by saying a county would not be accurate at all. Within the same county of the bad report I have had multiple people sports of good numbers for borough winter and good hatch reports. Just talked to someone else last night in that same county but 20 miles or so away and got the usual upbeat report. Which is why my advice to newbie’s is if you are t finding birds get on the road and drive 10-20 miles and look around. Sometimes that is all it takes to go from slim pickings to good hunting.

Send any rain surplus to NW IA...we are DRY here! I guess, for the birds, the heat and arid conditions are better than wet and cold. We have decent chances for today and tomorrow, so I am hoping for enough to make a difference. Corn is starting to give-up in places now.

Ya that was a joke. It was nothing but a lie from the weather terrorists. About 1/2 inch on Sunday afternoon after they forecasted an all day rain out and multiple inches of rain. Lies, lies, lies.

The last couple years the rain has really seemed to have become pretty much unpredictable down here too it. We received about 3" over the weekend and over 2" on our CRP. A good amount of the area got at least 2" and up to 10" within 60 miles of me.

Ya that was a joke. It was nothing but a lie from the weather terrorists. About 1/2 inch on Sunday afternoon after they forecasted an all day rain out and multiple inches of rain. Lies, lies, lies.
This year the rain seems more regionalized than most. Talked to a farmer not too far from Aberdeen and he had 1.5” yesterday.

Aberdeen officially got 2.43 inches of rain this past weekend. Hopefully Groten which is just east of Aberdeen where we hunt also got about the same rainfall.

Back