More boots-Danner Hawk?

cheesy

Probably a little heavy for bird hunting at 73ounces, but I just ordered a pair that had only been worn a couple times off another hunting forum I visit. Anybody have them? Paid less than half of new price, so couldn't resist. Gore-tex, 200 gram thinsulate, Made in USA so they're the proper stitch down upper to sole rather than glued like the Danner imports.

I wore out a pair of Danner Pronghorns after 5 years of hard use, and have the new updated Pronghorns now that have gone on two hunts, which are just as comfortable as the first.. This will be my first experience with one of their heavier more substantial boots.

I don't own a pair but I did try a pair recently that I ordered directly from Danner. I posted about them on this forum.

http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8153

The Hawks were a nice boot but I didn't care for the fit on my feet. I have some funky feet. I have ended up with a pair of Kenetreks. There is no comparison between the Hawks and the Kenetreks. The Kenetreks are twice the boot. But if you bought the Hawks for half price and they work for you, you should have a very ncie boot that will give you years of service.

Hawks should be a great boot especially at half price. I have raptors and are great boots. Ordered a pair of Danner Marine style boots last night looks like they should last a long time. It's hard to beat a Danner boot.

I have had two pair of Danner's since 1993. The first pair I acutally bought from JcPenny while I was living up in Anchorage, AK stationed at Elmendorf AFB. They were Danner Winter light's. They are gortex, have the 300gm thinsulate, cordura on the outside. I don't remember the name of the sole, however it starts with a K. The first pair cost $200 but lasted 13yrs. My second pair that I am on I bought through Cabelas but make by Danner and are awesome. Oh yeah, they also have the arch/heel support inside as well. I do not wear any other boot while pheasant hunting. Whether it is below zero or 60 degrees. I just wear the right type of sock.

Greg

Back