Montana Rifle Company

Well, disappointment continues.

Direct from Ruger. They will not produce any Guide Gun's in 416 until next Nov. Dec. IF AT ALL.

Kimber has no Talkeetna's and won't even return the dealers call's.

They no longer make a model 70 stainless synthetic in 375 H&H

I can buy Browning A-bolts all day long in stainless synthetic. Who wants a 26" barrel in the brush?

Plenty of blued Remington's around in 375.

Nice find Wis TK...as usual I'm a day late. I bought a 416 Alaskan and I didn't get that great price. (Kick self in hinder)

Have brass and bullets coming. Still shopping dies. Just about everybody is out of stock on everything.

Thanks for taking the effort to locate some guns guys.

:thumbsup:

Doing lots of research on trips in the Bush of Alaska. Float trips in particular on rivers.

Some disturbing stuff.

Seems crime is a problem in isolated areas of Alaska. People who have been caught in bad weather, emergency situations that had to be flown out. Have had nearly everything they had stolen before they could return to recover their things. Things, including Polaris Rangers, four wheelers, rafts, guns, Etc. Your at risk leaving your rig parked in isolated areas. It's looking more and more like using a guide is the safest bet. Way too expensive for me to afford. Going to have to explore this far more. Seems many native rural bush country Alaskans are not thrilled with outsiders. Some real rough folks living out in the bush.

I can give you a link to a thread in particular that is very upsetting to me. Just PM me.

It's always amazing to see how much it cost to go on quality hunts in remote areas and I don't even think the guides are getting rich. The logistic cost of just getting in and out are crazy.

Unfortunate that diy hunting is becoming harder and harder to do in area away from where most of us live.

Did a little poking around, put the question out on a Alaska forum. If locals were getting better rates from Bush fly in company's, then hunters from the lower 48. Just as I suspected. Yes was the answer. They don't advertise it but rates change, when your address changes. Nice!

Back