Moisture in South Dakota

haymaker

We are having a wet March. Snow, rain, freezing rain, fog, nothing that will hurt pheasants but will give us some needed moisture.

Great to hear Haymaker. How is the carryover birds holding up? Birds were way down just south of you. Hope the small amount of hens we saw in November have made it and have a great hatch. We sure need it.

It has been a good winter. It looks like it will be a late spring. Pheasants should be in good shape, at least around here. I have rid the place of two skunks so far.

Thanks for the update. I am planning to get to South Dakota this fall. My new Griff is ready. It is fun to read this forum and see what is going on. Thanks to all.

I hunt deer basically right in the middle of the drought in that map. From what people who have been out there living and folks that I have been hunting with that have been out there for 50+ years it was the driest they had ever seen it. Needless to say it drove a lot of the deer and other animals out of the area.

Looks like the next 72 hours in South Dakota will be interesting. Lotta snow forecasted, we shall see if the weather man is correct. Haven't seen the weather channel guy drive by so maybe it won't be bad. Not sure how much wheat will be planted because it could be another 2 weeks before farmers can get into the field. SDviking

It has been a good winter. It looks like it will be a late spring. Pheasants should be in good shape, at least around here. I have rid the place of two skunks so far.

What is it with skunks in that area? Our group has hunted the Selby area 9 times all for the 5 day periods. Our dogs have been sprayed 4 times. One was point blank to the face (that was a nightmare)

What is it with skunks in that area? Our group has hunted the Selby area 9 times all for the 5 day periods. Our dogs have been sprayed 4 times. One was point blank to the face (that was a nightmare)

I think good pheasant habitat makes good habitat for many things. I got a raccoon the other day too.

Back