mo survey

watermen

I don't know why the survey is not on the MDC site. Too few bird hunters left in MO to warrant the consideration i guess? Anyway PF has the forecast on their site and Mo numbers are up despite the rain. Locally we had a tremendous turkey hatch for second year in a row, but quail took a hit. MDC turkey survey is on the money. Rain was late enough to help the turkeys and hammer the quail. It could be ok this year in spots.

Up in Pike County I've seen a real good number of quail. I haven't heard quail on that land for 5 years. I haven't been anywhere to see how the pheasant numbers are doing. Any update on those would be great. I did see PF's forecast.

Can you post a link to it? I think I saw the one you were talking about though. From what I read the hatch success rate was bad but the adult survival rate was good so birds that survived last year should still be there. During dove season I heard them whistling, so I hope they're out there. With my shooting I'm sure I wont hurt too many :mad:

From the opening weekend, I experienced that pheasants were stable from thr 2014 season. Quail seemed a bit down. 4 coveys on opening day last year and only 2 in the first 2 days of the opener. I was surprised in the uplift of the forecast in NW Missouri with all the rain we received this spring.

Saw two coveys of only 6 to 8 birds. Didn't see many pheasants and didn't hear many shots. Could have shot a limit of hens.

Cover is heavy. It will take hard work to get birds this year.

Back