Missouri Upland Hunter - New to Forum

chriswhite22

Hello everyone, my name is Chris and I am new to the forum. I'm going into my 6th season of hunting upland game and it is my passion. I've hunted A LOT of public land in Northern Missouri and with help of a MO Conservation Wildlife Biologist and a lot of learning from mistakes I've managed to bag a few wild MO pheasant and quail over the last 5 seasons. I've also had a few trips to South Dakota and plan on going back again this year. I've been hunting over a couple weimaraners and getting a GSP in about 8 weeks. I look forward to hearing from fellow hunters about bird numbers, hunting tips, and more. I'll certainly try to share any thoughts I have about my experiences. I've hunted a lot and learned when hunting MO for pheasants I need to walk and walk followed by more walking. Nothing better though!

Last edited:
We need more Missourian's! Yes walking will help you stay strong and live longer. Getting a few birds means there's hope to everybody else. Start up a blog on the "Missouri" site. We might turn this bird population around some day.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll have to get on the MO forum and see how things are looking for everyone. Really interesting reads thus far. Looking forward to messing around on this site.

Welcome to the site, great resource to learn and Mae solid connections. I am in SW MO and been thinking about a hunt closer to home, glad to hear time and effort will pay off up north.

Welcome. Good group of guys here. Like to see your upbeat outlook also. Think you will enjoy it hear.

Back