Missing brittany

chadsbritt

Hello all,

I received an email from a Pheasants Forever member about a missing brittany. The dogs name is Max, and I believe he is from the Longmont area. At this point, they think he may have been stolen. Below is more information. If you know anything, please contact Gordon at 303-772-7275.

On Sunday Jan 6 my Brittany disappeared from my residence. I have notified all authorities in the area, i.e. 2 humane societies, Boulder County Sheriff's Dept. Animal Control Officers, and Pet Link (he is chipped) and have contacted all neighbors within 1 mile. At this point I believe he was stolen.

He is 13 months old, about 33 pounds, mostly white with orange spots, docked tail. He answers to Max and is well trained. If NCPF members could keep an eye out for someone recently obtaining a Brittany or someone who doesn't look like they should own a Brittany (they are too hyper to be a house pet) I would appreciate a call or e-mail. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I am beseeching the Powers of Nature and the Universe to return your dog to you. I would be heartbroken. Yet another reason to keep our beloved dogs in the house.

I'm in the Frederick area, and i will keep my eyes open! I really hope for a safe and quick return for the rightful owner!! I think I would shoot someone for stealing my dog!!! :mad:

I live in Longmont and I am all through town everyday, I will keep my eyes open. One very good tip for the owner, physically go down to the humane society. They don't know their head from their ass when it comes to dog breeds. My wife's uncle was visiting a few years ago, an he had a fat little chihuahua, it got loose an we called down there an they had no dogs like our description. We went down there anyways, and there he was in their cage labeled as a chow mix

I work in Longmont and will be on the lookout.

Ditto on going to the humane society in person and agree about they don't know their dog breeds. Weimaraner = Silver lab, lab mix, etc.

I live in Longmont and I am all through town everyday, I will keep my eyes open. One very good tip for the owner, physically go down to the humane society. They don't know their head from their ass when it comes to dog breeds. My wife's uncle was visiting a few years ago, an he had a fat little chihuahua, it got loose an we called down there an they had no dogs like our description. We went down there anyways, and there he was in their cage labeled as a chow mix

I'll keep an eye out. My GF works with a rescue group and I'll get the info to them as well. I'm all for giving dog thieves the same treatment as horse thieves. :mad:

Dog found!!!

:thumbsup:

Great news! Max has been found. It turns out he was found off of Hampden in South Denver. The Denver dumb friends league picked him up and was able to read his microchip. How in the world would he have made it that far south without someone taking him? I'm just glad he is back with his rightful owner.

:thumbsup::10sign::thumbsup::10sign:

Stolen for sure!!!! No way to navigate that without a car accident!! Happy ending!!:thumbsup:

Back