Minnesota Roadside Survey

Great News!!! Happy for ya's holding-ground/even-steven instead of losing ground, even if there was no gain in population - things could have been a LOT worse in light of the weather... :thumbsup:

Looks like most areas in the Pheasant belt are up slightly. Central zone even increased by almost 30% from last year. SW down a little and most likely that's because of a couple nasty blizzards which hit that region.

All in all things are better than I expected they would be.

Last edited:
:thumbsup:Good luck to all and wish everyone the biggest flushes of pheasants and the happiest days in the feilds!I cant wait time is going to slow hope my gsp show's me why i bought him and my my choc. lab has a few more good seasons left! :cheers:

It is going to be interesting to see what happens as soon as the crops come off. I haven't seen many roosters except the occasional few right outside the corn.

It is typical to see or hear nothing right now. But I can smell em, I think MN will be great this year.:thumbsup:

MN Great, did your mom never tell you not to tell a lie.:rolleyes:

Really, MN great have you never been to IA, SD or ND? You must have lots of land to yourself to be great.

Good luck this season.

MN Great, did your mom never tell you not to tell a lie.:rolleyes:

Really, MN great have you never been to IA, SD or ND? You must have lots of land to yourself to be great.

Good luck this season.

You need to get out more. We have land in IA and I hunt there all the time. Also great hunting. I have been to SD and ND many times, most likely never go back as long as hunting is as good as it is here now. I see nothing wrong with getting a limmit each time I go, never hunting more then 10 miles from home, and several flushes of 50-100 birds. Thats all I need:thumbsup: It will be just as good this year. Heck I have even done well right where you live.

Last edited:
You need to get out more. We have land in IA and I hunt there all the time. Also great hunting. I have been to SD and ND many times, most likely never go back as long as hunting is as good as it is here now. I see nothing wrong with getting a limmit each time I go, never hunting more then 10 miles from home, and several flushes of 50-100 birds. Thats all I need:thumbsup: It will be just as good this year. Heck I have even done well right where you live.

Where in Minnesota are you finding flushes of 50-100 birds? Public or Private? I have never seen that in Minnesota.

Where in Minnesota are you finding flushes of 50-100 birds? Public or Private? I have never seen that in Minnesota.

Pope, Douglas, Stevens, Traverse, Lac Quiparel Co. Wst central MN, Mostly by my place, but have had the same thing several places the past 6-7 years. Mostly private land. But have hunted several public areas that I have seen any where from 2-20 bird flushes. I did take a UPHer last year and he will confirm. If you just hunt huge public areas you will not likely see this because they wise up too quick.

I have hunted very little private land in Minnesota, so that makes sense that I have never seen it. I hunt a lot in Douglas Co where my parents live.

Back