Making the trip

Fenway

Making my annual Pilgrimage to ND the week of Oct. 17th. I wasn't sure I'd make it because of a new job, but I got my vacation OK'ed. I hope to make it out in Dec. also because they've had early snow the last few years I missed out. I want to get out as much as possible before all the crp is out.

Can't wait trying to get the dogs in shape with the hot summer were behind, hope to see plenty of birds.

Last edited:
Making my annual Pilgrimage to ND the week of Oct. 17th. I wasn't sure I'd make it because of a new job, but I got my vacation OK'ed. I hope to make it out in Dec. also because they've had early snow the last few years I missed out. I want to get out as much as possible before all the crp is out.

Can't wait trying to get the dogs in shape with the hat summer were behind, hope to see plenty of birds.

don't want to beak your bubbl, but by most reports CRP is down substantially and birds are way down as well....may want to supplement your wingshooting with some waterfowl.

Can't wait trying to get the dogs in shape with the hot summer were behind, hope to see plenty of birds.

One good thing where I hunt in ND the fence lines are real wide. Due to rock piles. They can't get to close so I believe we will have that going for us.
Also a lot of land has water on it so the farmers have to go around the ponds leaving some crops to hide birds in.
I hunt my 3 dogs BUT if it is really bad in October when I go (planning on getting out there the 14th) I will go fish the Missouri river, Dry Lake and some others and leave the dogs at the cabin. Nothing wrong with Walleye.
I will be back out in November and December also.

Fenway

Hey Fenway keep in touch and let us know how you did in Oct. We can compare notes when we get back from ND.

We are wanting to head to ND to hunt ducks and chase a few roosters but are having trouble finding a place to go. The western side of the state doesn't have any rooms available and the pheasant numbers are horrible in the rest of the state.

Anybody have any ideas?

Back