Making another journey to Kansas

Good afternoon,

We are changing our plans to go to Sodak this year, and making the trek up to Kansas again from South Louisiana.

We will be staying at an AirBNB in the Moreland area for the opening weekend and a few days after.

Hoping to get into some quail as well as pheasant and maybe spend 1 day for ducks.

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have previously hunted in the Atwood area, but saw good reports from this area and wanted to try something new.

Also, if you know of any duck guides in the area, as well as, anyone who would offer pay to hunt lands, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Good afternoon,

We are changing our plans to go to Sodak this year, and making the trek up to Kansas again from South Louisiana.

We will be staying at an AirBNB in the Moreland area for the opening weekend and a few days after.

Hoping to get into some quail as well as pheasant and maybe spend 1 day for ducks.

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have previously hunted in the Atwood area, but saw good reports from this area and wanted to try something new.

Also, if you know of any duck guides in the area, as well as, anyone who would offer pay to hunt lands, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

you won't find much pay to hunt in Kansas, ask permission and hunt tons of public ground and be happy.

I believe you can go to Kansas wildlife and parks web page and you can find a list of all the licensed outfitters . If that doesn't work you could go to Ducks unlimited website and see what chapter is closest and see if you get a Du member take you . Like what was mentioned above grab a walk in hunting atlas and go to work , ask around wear out some boot leather. Let us know how you do .

Thanks for the Info and the messages!

We normally do that for ducks, but we aren’t big duck guys, so it doesn’t really bother us but a few in our group are looking for some “Kansas duck hunts” so I am trying to accommodate them

unless the weather changes somewhat, normally ducks do not show up in any appreciable numbers until Thanksgiving or later.......water will be scarce as well.
good luck.

unless the weather changes somewhat, normally ducks do not show up in any appreciable numbers until Thanksgiving or later.......water will be scarce as well.
good luck.

This is a fact. One week either side of thanksgiving. If you want guaranteed birds go to a game preserve. If I was coming from out of state and didn't know much about the state that's what I'd do.

Other option is download the wiha map to your phone. Call the kdwpt for more info.

Back