Made it!

rwigg

Well, we made it back. Was not a fun trip by any means. Missed the snow, but the wind was a little hard on us. We were pulling a small 10 ft. trailer and the roads were pretty good, was going over the Mississippi and yup you gussed it, black ice. I think having the trailer saved us, the back of the truck was headed to the front but was lucky enough to catch it and I think the weight of the trailer brought it in line and just went with it to the other lane and all worked out!! :eek: Was then passing a semi and he didn't see me and all of a sudden his left blinker came on and my first thought was that he was waiting on me to get around, but here he came, I went to the shoulder and ran out of shoulder and took the grass thinking, here we go, straight for the ditch, but she came on back after he got by and took a good jar, was a pretty good drop there! Roads were patchy most of the way till we got by Des Moines, then all was well. Clear sailing the second day. He was watchin out for us! Glad to be back and ready to head to Kansas!!!

Rod​

Rod,
I am glad you were able to get things straightened out, yeh I bet there was more than white knuckles to contend with :) I know there would have been if I were driving. Again glad everything turned out alright for you, one day perhaps the same will happen to him.

Back